Agile Project Management
This course aims to help new and seasoned project managers who are transitioning to a ScrumMaster, Agile Coach or Agile Program Manager/Release Manager role learn how to successfully apply Agile methods to their projects and programs. Participants will learn the full Agile Development Lifecycle, how to lead teams through Agile planning sessions, and understand techniques and practices to successfully execute on project and program deliverables. We will discuss the role of the Agile Project Manager and Program Manager through the various stages as well as the key Servant Leadership, Facilitation, and Soft Skills necessary to make this role a success. Participants will work through a sample real-world project and experience how to build the program master backlog, gather requirements at the right level at the right time, decide on team structures and roles, estimate the project and build a program roadmap and release plan. Our experienced hands-on coaches will share many real-world techniques used to mitigate risks during planning. We will review a sample Agile Roadmap and Release Plan, Value and Cost burn up charts, taskboards, key agile metrics and a sample Agile project workbook. Attendees will gain insight on how to bridge the gap between traditional and Agile Project Management. This is a must have course for any project manager transitioning to Agile!
REQUEST A QUOTE| PROJECT MANAGER LEARNING ROADMAP |
What You’ll Learn
- What is Agile and Why?
- The Agile values and principles
- Comparing Agile Roles to Traditional Roles
- Project Manager vs. ScrumMaster
- What are Self-Organizing Teams
- Agile Program Big Picture
- Agile Project Initiation Activities
- Building the Master Backlog
- Building the Team Structures and Roles
- Creating a Collaborative Environment
- The Agile Lifecycle – Big Picture
- Planning your Release
- Building the Team’s Backlogs
- Identifying and Writing Good Stories
- Methods for Prioritizing and Sizing Stories
- Sprint 0 – The Foundation Iteration
- Iteration Planning
- Backlog Grooming and Pre-Planning
- Daily Standup
- Mid-Iteration Activities
- Listening for Impediments
- Tracking and Reporting
- Iteration Review and Retrospective Tips
Who should attend? Project managers, Program Managers, ScrumMasters, PMO, Executives, and Managers interested in learning more about Agile Project Management.
Duration: 3 Days
REQUEST A QUOTE
Why This Course?
- This course is designed with 60% interactive group workshops!
- You will practice all the core Scrum practices end to end.
- You will learn real world creative techniques for estimating, story identification and prioritization that our real world practitioners use on their projects!
- We use an end-to-end example project scenario for maximum learning retention!
- For private courses, we can use YOUR company project as our sample.
- You walk away with valuable course material, handouts, resources and cheat sheets that will support you on your projects.
14 Group Workshops Included!
- Workshop 1 – Learning Objectives
- Workshop 2 – Agile vs. Traditional Roles
- Workshop 3 – Project Manager vs. ScrumMaster
- Workshop 4 – Agile Project Initiation
- Workshop 5 – Building the Program Master Backlog
- Workshop 6 – Prioritizing and Building the Roadmap
- Workshop 7 – Breaking Down EPICs
- Workshop 8 – Sizing Complexity Using Points
- Workshop 9 – Estimating Team Velocity
- Workshop 10 – Building a Release Plan
- Workshop 11 – The ScrumMaster Role within the Iteration
- Workshop 12 – The Daily Scrum Dysfunctions
- Workshop 13 – Your Course Action Items
- Workshop 14 – Final Retrospective