Agile Portfolio Management
Are you frustrated with not having one enterprise view of your organization’s Backlog
? Do you have this list but don’t feel very comfortable with the methods you’re using for Portfolio Prioritization
? Do you feel like your organization is multi-tasking too many projects at the same time without visibility or understanding into your enterprise capacity?
This is an advanced and unique workshop that will take your team through a practical, real world and intensive hands-on journey of applying Agile, Lean and Kanban to YOUR Portfolio Planning and Management! Be prepared to learn some new and innovative methods for planning, prioritizing, sizing and managing your portfolio of initiatives. We will also share a different approach of looking at enterprise capacity planning by planning around teams, measuring velocity and establishing a pull method from your portfolio backlog. Come with an open mind! We guarantee you will learn creative methods you can apply immediately!
What You’ll Learn
- Top Challenges with Portfolio Management
- The Multitasking Problem
- Getting Initiatives Started .. Not DONE
- Why We Need a Different Approach
- Intro to Lean Thinking
- Limiting Work In Progress (WIP)
- Lean/Agile Portfolio Big Picture
- The Pull vs. Push Concept
- Understanding Capacity
- Why Stable Whole Teams?
- Supporting Communities of Practice
- New Metrics to Measure
- The New Role of an Agile PMO
- Agile/Lean Portfolio Planning Steps
- The 6 Levels of Planning
- Building Your Backlog of Current and Future Initiatives
- Strategic Alignment
- Developing Your Business Value Buckets
- Developing Your Qualification Filter
- Assigning Business Value Points
- Dependency, Risk, Sizing
- Making the Tough Decisions
- Ranking the Backlog
- Designing Stable ‘Whole’ Teams
- Which Team Should Pull What?
- Measuring Velocity
- Capacity Planning
- Creating an Enterprise Portfolio Grooming Team
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Continuous Backlog Grooming
- Setting Up Your Portfolio Tracking Kanban Walls
- Where To Go Next
Who should attend? PMO Leaders, Product and Portfolio Managers, Executives and Leaders, Business and IT Sponsors, Program Managers, Project Managers, Program Managers, Technical Leads/Architects and others interested in learning more about Agile/Lean Portfolio Management.
Why This Course?
- Real World and highly engaging workshop that uses YOUR own Portfolio of Initiatives! 70% Hands on!
- Taught by highly dynamic expert with real world experience and ability to influence change!
- Consider this a working session, you will actually use what you create during our intensive workshops!
- Valuable courseware and handouts to refer to.
- Get our one of a kind Agile Portfolio Jump Start Toolkitwhich includes: Business Value Buckets cheatsheet, Portfolio Planning Cheat Sheet, Agile/Lean Portfolio Big Picture, The Levels of Requirements Cheat Sheet, Sizing Large Epics Cheat Sheet, Sample Agenda for Your Portfolio Planning Meeting, The Role of the Agile PMO Picture!
Call us now to chat about this course: 1.855.2Transform (1.855.287.2673)
Enterprise Teams View
Biggest Bang for the Buck