Kanban for Agile Teams Training
Organizations are increasingly moving towards finding ways to cut waste and optimize their processes. More and more companies are adopting Lean and Kanban methods as part of their Agile Transformation. Pure continuous flow Kanban systems work very well when your backlog includes minor enhancements and support related items. There is no need here for strict time-boxes, instead a regular continuous flow optimized process for delivering predictable value with no bottle necks. Scrum mixed with Kanban walls works great for Projects and Initiatives that have a specific Product Owner and require more strict planning and review/demo time-boxed iterations. This course will help you understand how Agile, Scrum and Kanban all fit together to deliver value for your organization!
REQUEST A QUOTE
What You’ll Learn
- Agile Overview
- What is Scrum?
- Lean in a Nutshell
- Eliminating Sources of Waste in Development
- Value Stream Mapping
- Kanban in a nutshell
- Real World Examples of Kanban
- Visualizing the Workflow
- Limit work to capacity
- Measuring Lead/Cycle Time
- Understanding Classes of Service (type of work)
- Make Measurement Visible
- Defining Your Team’s Policies and ‘Pull’ Criteria
- One Day In Kanban Land
- Lay out a visual Kanban board
- Moving Stories Through the Process Flow
- Measuring Avg Cycle/Lead Time – Being Predictable!
- Optimizing Flow, Relieving Bottlenecks, Optimize WIP Limits
- Timed Cadences and Event Triggers
- When to use Kanban?
- Comparing Kanban and Scrum
- Using Kanban with Scrum (Scrumban)
Why This Course?
- This course is 60% highly interactive workshops!
- You will learn using our very effective Explain-Live-Demo-Practice method of teaching!
- You will receive our most valuable “Value Stream Mapping Cheat Sheet” and “Kanban Cheat Sheet” handouts!
- Taught by our dynamic, seasoned Enterprise Coach.
11 Group Workshops Included!
- Workshop 1 – Personal Objectives
- Workshop 2 – Major Sources of Waste
- Workshop 3 – Value Stream Mapping
- Workshop 4 – Setting Up the Kanban Board
- Workshop 6 – Team and Capacity Planning (WIP)
- Workshop 7 – Classes of Service and Pull Criteria
- Workshop 8 – Kanban Simulation
- Workshop 9 – Setting Up Event Triggers
- Workshop 10 – What I Can Apply
- Workshop 11 – Retrospective
Who should attend? Managers, Team members, Project Managers and others interested in learning how to use Agile and Kanban to optimize their processes.
Duration: 3 Days (shorter 2 Day option available)
REQUEST A QUOTE