ScrumMaster Certification Training
Agile Transformation Inc. is honored to partner with Bob Hartman to bring you this very interactive ScrumMaster Certification course.
Date: June 6-7 in Omaha, NE
What is a ScrumMaster?
An agile project manager emphasizes facilitation, leadership and communication over traditional command-and-control activities. In the Scrum framework, this role is called “ScrumMaster” as a constant reminder of the differences between agile and traditional project management. The ScrumMaster’s role is to maximize the team’s efforts toward its goals while removing the impediments that stand in its way.
Why this specific workshop?
That’s easy: This is a unique simulation and exercise-based workshop rather than death by PowerPoint. Most attendees notice these differences from other courses they have taken:
- No boredom: fewer than 50 PowerPoint slides are used during the two days (and most of those are a picture and a few words!)
- Learn by doing: there are approximately 20 different exercises and simulations used during the workshop
- High knowledge retention: using accelerated learning techniques the workshop material is presented in ways designed to maximize learning AND retention
- WHYs before HOWs: the workshop explores the principles and values which drive success before getting into successful practices – which allows attendees to understand the practices at a much deeper level
- Fun: every part of the course is designed to keep attendees engaged and having fun while learning the material
Add all this up and this workshop is one you shouldn’t miss.
Upon completing the course attendees will receive an email instructing them to set up a profile on the Scrum Alliance website and optionally take a short CSM exam. Upon completion of those items a participant will be recognized as a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) by the Scrum Alliance.
You will learn more than the basic Scrum framework. You will also leave understanding the underlying principles, basic practices and common techniques ScrumMasters (and others – see Who Should Attend tab above) need to know to help their teams achieve project success in a fast-changing world. The workshop covers all of the basics of Scrum as well as a significant amount of material devoted specifically to the skills necessary to become an excellent ScrumMaster. Facilitation, coaching and conflict management skills will be explored. Leadership and being a change agent will also be topics covered during the workshop.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- describe the Scrum framework to others
- roles and responsibilities
- use of each artifact
- purpose of each meeting/ceremony
- explain the difference between the Scrum framework and other methods
- compare with waterfall
- compare ScrumMaster role with traditional roles
- compare the Scrum product backlog with traditional requirements
- be a successful ScrumMaster for a Scrum team
- facilitate each type of Scrum meeting
- know how to detect and correct potential impediments to Scrum success
- help a team adopt Scrum or improve their use of Scrum
- have difficult conversations about process, structures and values
- use several different conflict resolution techniques
- help a Scrum team plan successfully
- plan a release
- plan a sprint
- use different estimating techniques
- create/maintain a prioritized product backlog
- create a personal plan for the future
- list 3 immediate action items for personal change
- pass the Scrum Alliance CSM test
- become a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) one year after becoming a CSM
Plus You Get All This:
- High quality training based on accelerated learning techniques for better retention
- Continental breakfasts, lunches, snacks and drinks
- A USB drive containing a PDF of the course materials and other useful Scrum-related content
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
- Eligibility for the ”Agile For All” client contests for one full year (we give away awesome prizes several times per year)
- Eligibility for a $200 discount on future Agile For All workshops (including $200 off of early bird prices!)
Bob Hartman - Dynamic Facilitator, Agile Coach, Certified Scrum Trainer
One of only a few people who is both a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer and Certified Scrum Coach. Bob has extensive experience in both training and coaching Scrum teams at organizations including HP, Pearson Education, Starz Entertainment Network, Western Union, Weyerhaeuser, Siemens, Arapahoe County and the University of Iowa. He draws on this broad experience to help attendees leave the workshop with confidence they can start a project right away.