This is a powerful four-part journey that takes your executives and leaders on a journey from the traditional command and control leadership style to a new Adaptive Leadership style, better suited for leading High Performing Agile teams.
Included within this journey are four sessions, which take place over two days per quarter, and a 360 assessment that gives your leaders visibility into how they perceive themselves as leaders, how they are perceived by others as leaders, and the difference between the two. Each leader receives a 1:1 coaching session to review their assessment results and build a growth plan to help them reach the next level of maturity to truly become an Adaptive Leader.
Here are the workshops and assessments included in this journey. You may customize the learning roadmap based on the level of leaders (executive level, management, team leaders).
Measuring Leadership Maturity
We offer two assessments. Servant Leadership Health digs deeper into the character and behaviors of a leader. Agile Leadership Health covers a wider range of competencies for leading teams and impacting the organization as a leader. Both can be customized.
Agile / Servant Leadership | 2 Days
Through this course, leaders will learn and practice practical methods from transitioning from a directive top-down style of leading into one that empowers, energizes and enables teams to rapidly deliver value to the business.
- Clarity on what healthy vs. unhealthy leadership behaviors look like and how they impact the culture and performance of your teams
- Learn the roots of Command and Control, what triggers this behavior and real-world methods for shifting to empowerment
- Deeper dive into the role of Agile Managers and what is expected of them in terms of growing individuals and building stronger teams.
- Complete the Servant Leadership Health OR the Agile Leadership Health 360 Assessment, review results and build your growth plan
Leading High-Performing Agile Teams | 2 Days
This course aims to help leaders gain the key skills needed for setting up their teams for success, assessing their health and removing organizational obstacles that impede their performance.
- Clarity on what healthy vs. unhealthy teams look like and the impact leadership has on team performance
- Practice assessing the health of a specific team in terms of their Clarity, Performance, Leadership, Culture and Foundation. Develop a growth plan for maturing them
- Deeper dive into the Forming stage and how to setup teams for success with clarity on their purpose, roles and expectations, decision making and a strong foundation
- Deeper dive into the Storming stage and learn more advanced skills related to conflict management, 1:1 coaching, managing dysfunctional behavior, growing leaders and removing organizational impediments
- Learn new ways for Agile talent management. This includes new methods to consider for managing performance, hiring, rewarding, career paths and feedback channels
Tactical to Strategic Leadership | 2 Days
Leaders will learn how to step out of the day to day tactical world of managing tasks and putting out fires and shift to more of a strategic focus that enables team and organizational growth.
- Clarity on tactical vs. strategic thinking and finding the right balance
- Learn key skills needed for dot-connecting and creating a shared vision that energizes and connects with all stakeholders
- Align with the strategic direction and current priorities. Define clear business value outcomes.
- Develop a strategy and roadmap for the vision. Perform force-field analysis to identify risks and mitigation plan.
- Engage or design the right execution team. Leverage Agile practices to lead the execution of the roadmap.
- Inspire towards the vision, manage change and resistance.
- Remove organizational obstacles, leverage Agile as a management practice not just for teams.
- Learn to engage as a leader at the right level and frequency. Bring clarity to desired business outcomes/value, measures for success and boundaries.
- Measure results, celebrate success and reward/recognize team results.
Effective Facilitation & Collaboration Skills | 2 Days
How you show up as a facilitator or participant in group sessions is a direct reflection of your ability to lead and collaborate with others. Learning to maximize the use of time, help team members reach their desired outcomes and manage difficult group dynamics and dysfunctions will have a direct impact on your value and effectiveness as a leader. This is one of our most popular and highly rated workshop in terms of value and ROI!
- Learn the value of collaborative decision-making and how to set the right foundation for teams to deliver value through working sessions.
- Practice designing, preparing and facilitating collaborative group sessions. Setup norms and working agreements and practice listening and questioning skills.
- Learn practical techniques for facilitating (and participating) in group session that have the common dysfunctions: Dominators, naysayers, topic jumpers, power/position, anger and emotion and dis-engaged participants.
- Practice using advanced facilitation activities using the activity cards and learn to cut down meeting time by 1/3!